What's new

HT consultant (1 Viewer)

John A. Edmond

Auditioning
I am interested in installing a HT room as part of a basement remodelling job we are doing in the Washington, D.C./Bethesda MD area. We are using an architect who recommends that we consult with someone from meyer-emco or gramaphone. I would like to hire someone who is "independent", not beholden to any particular product line, will be able to purchase equipment at a discount if available, yet knows what they are doing in terms of custom installation. Do such people exist? If so, does anyone have any recommendations?

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I was about to mention Bill's name, since he is local to the area. Ideally, you should contact CEDIA (www.cedia.org) to recommend someone who can give tips on integration/installation and planning.
From what I've read from Mr Lucas on this forum, he knows his stuff!

Brian Shannon

Stunt Coordinator
I am interested in plans for a basement home theater (along with finishing the rest of the basement)? Is that something that you do Bill or do you integrate equipment only?

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I strongly recommend Dennis Erskine. He did the design for my room and, though it hasn't been built yet -- construction starts Monday, the plans are great and very detailed. He has also been a good source for certain types of equipment at very attractive prices. The local high end dealers couldn't touch his prices.
Contact him via his website: Design Cinema.
-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks