HT consultant

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John A. Edmond, Feb 24, 2002.

1. John A. Edmond

John A. Edmond Auditioning

I am interested in installing a HT room as part of a basement remodelling job we are doing in the Washington, D.C./Bethesda MD area. We are using an architect who recommends that we consult with someone from meyer-emco or gramaphone. I would like to hire someone who is "independent", not beholden to any particular product line, will be able to purchase equipment at a discount if available, yet knows what they are doing in terms of custom installation. Do such people exist? If so, does anyone have any recommendations?

2. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

John,

You have a private message. Regards.

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I was about to mention Bill's name, since he is local to the area. Ideally, you should contact CEDIA (www.cedia.org) to recommend someone who can give tips on integration/installation and planning.
    From what I've read from Mr Lucas on this forum, he knows his stuff!

4. Brian Shannon

Brian Shannon Stunt Coordinator

I am interested in plans for a basement home theater (along with finishing the rest of the basement)? Is that something that you do Bill or do you integrate equipment only?

5. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

I strongly recommend Dennis Erskine. He did the design for my room and, though it hasn't been built yet -- construction starts Monday, the plans are great and very detailed. He has also been a good source for certain types of equipment at very attractive prices. The local high end dealers couldn't touch his prices.
    Contact him via his website: Design Cinema.
    -greg