What's new

How to spot replaced music on DVD (1 Viewer)

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but when watching older shows on DVD (particularly from the 70s, 80s, and 90s), what's the best way to spot music replacements? I'm not talking about what happened to The Fugitive and My 3 Sons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
There isn't really a catch all answer. Obviously if its a show from pre-80s, if you hear synthesizers, that's a giveaway. Otherwise, you can usually tell as they most times do a poor job of matching it to the era that it belongs in.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
For music-related cuts, you would have to be familiar with the show and which songs they used. If an episode is slightly shorter yet not short enough to be a syndication edit, that could be a tip-off.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
MatthewA said:
For music-related cuts, you would have to be familiar with the show and which songs they used. If an episode is slightly shorter yet not short enough to be a syndication edit, that could be a tip-off.
True. But on the other hand, there can also be an episode on DVD that's even shorter than the syndicated cut, yet no music is replaced or cut at all. A good example being the 3rd episode of season 1's The White Shadow titled "The Offer". The DVD version is missing 4 minutes and 30 seconds worth of footage. That's a little over twice as much footage as the initial off-network syndicated version in 1982. Yet somehow, apparently, the featured song in that episode, "Duke of Earl", is intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks