How rare is Stunt Man Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stu Rosen, May 17, 2002.

1. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

I'm thinking of selling this title (please, please don't try to talk me out of it -- I used to love this film, watched most of it recently, and wonder what my fuss was all about). Is the limited edition (the 2 disc set) a rare title? Any clue what I could get for it?

Thanks.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Lets see, almost every major DVD outlet still has copies available

Right off the bat, the two I shop from: Lasersedge and Amazon both show it as in stock, with Lasersedge at $27.

DVDpricesearch shows it available all over:

Playcentric.com ($20), Bestprices.com ($20), buy.com ($22), digitaleyes.com ($25), etc, etc... this is for the 2 disc limited version.

Average EBAY selling price for mint used copies of the 2 disc LE in last 30 days was $21.50. Average EBAY selling price tends to be about 10% over what someone here would be willing to pay...

100,000 were made, so it being a "limited edition" isn't saying much, since it's a relatively obscure title, so the idea of it even selling more than 100,000 copies of a big 2 disc version in the first year is probably far fetched-- especially with a cheaper $14 edition available that is pretty loaded in itself.

So, I'd guess you'd be lucky to get $20 out of it here on the forum.

-Vince

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

4. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

You can get it for $22 at half.com and there are lots of copies in that price range. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about making a killing with this title. [​IMG]

5. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

Great. Thanks for the feedback.