What's new

How is Paramount's "Kiss the Girls"? (1 Viewer)

Maurice Verploegen

Stunt Coordinator
I own the this title on laser, and remember that the 5.1 audio was very good. The picture was good also (for laserdisc). Now I am thinking of buying this title on DVD. Is is worth the upgrade? Or is there an SE underway? (I haven't heard anything about this). I really like this movie and love Morgan Freeman as an actor. Any input would be nice. I tried to look this title up in our search function, but came up empty.
Thanks.
Maurice

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Hay Maurice, I guess I will be the first to tell you that I just picked this title up yesterday, only because "Along Came A Spider" came available recently. Don't get me wrong, I've wanted to pick this title up for some time, but other titles were high on my list. Also note that this was one of the first DVDs that Paramount produced when they finally agreed to dvd back in Oct. 6, 1999. All I will say is that if you feel like this is a good enough film to first purchase on laserdisc, then by all means go ahead and buy it on dvd. I honestly don't know how long technicians will be around who know how to fix laserdisc players. I personally have noticed lately that there are few people who know how to fix DAT recorders.
rf

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Actually, if we want to be technical. Kiss the Girls was not one of the first wave of Paramount discs. And they joined the DVD bandwagon in 1998 not 1999. I distinctly remember purchasing Top Gun in October of 1998.
Kiss the Girls was produced after Paramount decided to anamorphically encode their DVDs and the transfer is not bad at all.
Also, this disc was one of the few Paramount price drops, so it is MSRP of $25 not the usual $30.
Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks