What's new

How do the moderators feel about cursing on this site? (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
...there shouldn't be a damn problem. Heck. Shucks. Gosh darn it. Crap.
laugh.gif

Personally, I use "naughty" words occasionally to stress a point, but don't really do it gratuitously. I feel that, while moderate use can embelish a point nicely, going too far will end up detracting from the validity of the point, or at least that's how it will be perceived.
What kind of bugs me is people who post profanity simply for the sake of it. I'm not "offended," I just think it's rather silly. An example would be posting a whole string of movie quotes, all of which contain the word "motherfu**er." Seems to me that is solely an attempt to use excessive profanity and get away with it on a technicality. Very cheesy.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I hate people saying "FAQ"
As in do-re-me-FA Cue. :)
FAQ 2!
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | DVD reviews at dOc

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Although I try to limit my use of "profane" language within my posts, I personally don't have a problem with others using it in theirs. Cussing tends to be a part of my vocabulary when talking with certain people. I realize that there remains many individuals in this world that frown upon the use of profanity and consider it to be somewhat barbaric. This I fail to understand for one big reason. To me they are simply letters. I mean is there really a difference between the phrases "What the heck", "What the f*@k", and "What in the world". They convey exactly the same point but for some reason one of them is considered to be profane. Why is it okay to say "poop" and not "s$*t, or "darn" and not "damn"? Don't they mean the same thing? It really makes me wonder when and for what reason these particular words became socially unacceptable.
Anyway, just had to get in my .02 cents. Thanks for listening. :)
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Its a really dull reason for not swearing, but some of us read the HTF behind firewalls, and I find myself deliberately avoiding topics that are likely to get blocked. Its why I'm so glad that swearing is banned from headers - it might stop me even reading the index pages.
As for generally, I rarely find it useful to swear in written posts. If we were chatting at event then thats probably another thing, but written down it just looks out of place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks