What's new

House season 5 (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Oh no! Another 'cure' to be thrown away - this time in only one episode.

This one though was a 'shark jumper' for me. Come on...you're telling me he can't do the methodone because his amazing powers of observation and analysis are lost when he's 'happy'? But, he's sharp as a tack pumping a dozen plus vicodin a day?? That's beyond implausible.

At the very least, he should have thought that his immediate euphoria over the non-pain was a distraction and he needs to re-train his focus and discipline in a pain-free world. But, NOOOOOO, he has to go back to his miserable, vicodin pumping self.

Worst reset button plot point EVER.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark

Maybe your right. Did you notice in the opening scene on last nights show House actually "jumped the shark" with his little Hot Wheels car?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Okay, the idea of watching the episode through the patient's eyes was neat.... but the going in and out of focus effect was way too annoying to make it worth it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I didn't mind the in and out of focus effect. I thought the episode worked quite well seeing things from the patient's point of view for most of the episode.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Agreed, I can't believe they did that, but at the same time Kal Penn has already been on the show longer than I expected he'd be.

mylan

Screenwriter
My wife actually nailed it last week during the promos using her superior intellect (that and by process of elimination of who appeared in the scene) which I guess is one reason some here don't watch them, but even still that was out of the blue. I wonder if the actor wanted out for some reason?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Completely out of the blue - just like it was to the characters. I can't find any rumors about why it was done or why he left or anything. Quite a shock.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kudos to the whole production team because I was genuinely surprised as well, which is very hard to do in this day and age of internet scoop.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It looks like I'm the fly in the ointment this week because although it was definitely completely surprising to me, I wasn't emotionally affected by it much. Nothing like, say for instance, Philadelphia. But it's tough to do a resonating death well, so it doesn't bother me that it wasn't top tier. The trailer from last week made this out to be a really significant House episode, but it didn't play that way for me. I wonder if the actors had the chops to do it justice. I was just as touched by resolving the woman's case, but resolving it when it's too late.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I just gained a whole lot more respect for Kal Penn. Maybe I need to watch those Harold & Kumar movies after all.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Catch him in "The Namesake" really a pretty surprising under-promoted film. Penn has done some good work; when I read through why he left, that was almost as surprising as anything, but kudos to him for deciding that's what he needed to do.. a better decision then many make.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks