What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hosting an online poker night for my friends, best sites? (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
My friends and I used to get together once a month for a poker night, but since two of my friends have moved out of state, it's been tougher to get us all together.

I know there are some sites that let you host a private poker tournament online, but most of them seem to just be for Texas Hold'em. Are there any sites that create a virtual poker room where six or seven friends can get together and play ANY poker game they can come up with? Essentially all we need is a virtual deck of cards, some way of keeping track of chips, and a means of chat.

Better yet, is there a site that will do this for free?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Bob, Pokerroom.com lets you choose from more than just Holdem. You can choose from limit, pot limit, no limit, for Holdem, Omaha, Omaha H/L, Stud, Stud H/L, and Five Card Draw. You can also determine the speed of the blind increases in the tournament.

The downsides are that it is only for real money, and that each player will have to pay a normal rake of 10% on the lower level buyins. E.g. $10 + 1. I'm sure some other well rounded sites also let you create your own tournaments, but my guess is that they will all take a rake. Let me know if you find out that doesn't! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks