What's new

Hoping this is the right place (1 Viewer)

dcluver04

Auditioning
Real Name
Jake
to post this. Alright so I have had Sony Surround Sound for about a year or two now and it has always treated me pretty well...until now. The other day I got my Multi-region BD player in had no HDMI cable to test it. So all I did was unplug the one from my BD player and hook it up into this one. Everything was fine. When I finally got another one I hooked the new one into my standard BD player which came with the surround sound BTW. I watched a movie and 30 rock on it with no problems. I then went and put on Stan Helsing and suddenly the audio was fucked up. It sounded like it was muffled. I turned the surround sound all the way down and the TV audio kicked in which sounded fine. I then tried turning that audio off with only the surround sound on...again sounded muffled. So then I thought maybe it was the new HDMI cable and so I switched it back to the old one. Stan Helsing still sounded weird but I thought maybe it was just the specific BD and so I threw in Terminator. It sounded great...until the dialogue. So why would the score and sound effects work in the surround sound but then the dialogue sound muffled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I can't answer your question specifically (it sounds like something wrong with your A/V receiver/processor), but I wanted to welcome you to the forum!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Swap your center channel with one of the right or left channels and do some listening. If the problem follows the speaker, then the speaker is probably damaged. If the problem stays with the channel (sounds like the center) then there is something else wrong, possibly just a setting or possibly a bad amp channel. I am also guessing it didn't have anything to do with swapping the blu-ray players, but you never know. Just for kicks too, check your receiver's speaker settings as well, possibly the center was turned down or off? What sound mode do you have the receiver set to? Set it to "Auto" and see if it detects the sound codecs properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks