What's new

Hook -Up with Denon 3803 (1 Viewer)

JohnChu

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry.. I am an newbie... right now I have an DVD hook up to the TV with componet cable and coaxial to the denon 3803 receiver .. is this the right way of hooking it up?.. If not then how do I do the hook-up?

But if I use componet from DVD to receiver .. then componet to TV .. wouldn't you get the same result?

Btw .. what is the different from Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 ?

John

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
You can hook the component cables up either way..so you're OK as is. The only advantage of running it through your receiver would be if you wanted to have more component inputs than your display allowed....then you would want to run two sets into the receiver and let it do the switching between those two inputs.

On the sound formats, most all DVD's are Dolby digital but some give you the option to also play DTS (Digital Theater surround I think) which is supposed to be a little better.

Mort

John S

Senior HTF Member
One other benefit of going through the receiver is central location. All my component runs would have to be 12' plus, to route it all to the TV, I can go with relatively shorter runs to the receiver and only have one long run to the TV.

Best of all though, neither is right or wrong, it is your choice.

DTS 5.1 is another surround format.

DTS-ES is the only 6.1 true format.

Dolby Digital 5.1 with EX is real good 6.1 / 7.1
I tend to always use DTS 5.1 w/matrix or DTS-ES when a DVD has it, more just because I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks