What's new

Home Theatre Forum authors/members on 4K Discs in Widescreen Review (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I think I remember Ron Epstein or Robert Crawford saying that they had been interviewed by Widescreen Review last summer - now I found the article! Some other regulars interviewed too: Neil Middlemiss, Sam Posten, Brian Dobbs. Well done!

Attachments

• 258yht4.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 131

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting this appeared in Widescreen Review.

The interview was originally done for Media Play News Magazine.

Was very happy to see so many members included in the interview.

Thank you for mentioning it, Kevin!

I had heard (but cannot verify) that this is Widescreen Review's last issue? Are they closing shop? I don't want to start any ugly rumors so please correct me if I am wrong.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Interesting this appeared in Widescreen Review.

The interview was originally done for Media Play News Magazine.

Was very happy to see so many members included in the interview.

Thank you for mentioning it, Kevin!

I had heard (but cannot verify) that this is Widescreen Review's last issue? Are they closing shop? I don't want to start any ugly rumors so please correct me if I am wrong.
Ron - after an impressive 30 years of continuous publishing by the same founder and editor, this was the final issue of Widescreen Review as a print magazine. The lack of revenue from advertising support, to counter significant increased costs of print publishing and distribution, made it impossible to continue printing and mailing a paper magazine. In 2022, Widescreen Review will become strictly digital on a bi-monthly basis.

I became a subscriber from issue #2, which was two years after I purchased my first LaserDisc player and receiver with Dolby Prologic capability. Over the years, I have enjoyed their knowledgeable and reputable articles and reviews on the evolution of home video on physical media. We've certainly come a very long way from LaserDisc, viewed on 28 inch CRT TVs, to 4K UHD discs projected onto 150 inch screens (via DVD, a very brief foray into high definition digital VHS and blu-ray). Even though I have no way of affording the extremely expensive equipment that is at the high-end of home theatre video, I enjoyed seeing pictures of, and reading about, what was possible for consumers to have in their homes. High-definition video technology is becoming a lot cheaper - in 2022, it is actually possible to afford equipment that can give a close approximation of the cinema experience. Laser projectors costing $3000 are coming on the market this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks