What's new

Home Theater virgin (1 Viewer)

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
i think the receiver is breaking in... now volume between 65-75 is good...

That guy is not reducing the price of the amp so i am going to pass for now. That amp has mixed reviews so i will wait..
I am now looking for missions to replace the torn one and nothing interesting has come up yet for 100$/speaker max

i think my next upgrade will be

1) Use the existing 734 for rear surround and buy something for left and right surround
2) Get an amp for the argonauts.

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
I have one final technical questions..
Say i connect the amp for the argonauts and i am lhistening at volume level 40
So i crank it up to 80
How will the receiver increase the volume level on the amp

Does it increase the strength on the pre out? I am guessing so but are not sure. Is there any other way?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, the pre-out is variable. You turn the volume up...it increases the gain on the outboard amp.

If you are comfortable with a drill, get a drill bit tinier than the screws that came out(about 80%) and drill that screw out. A smaller one will go through the center and even if you do slightly chew into the screw hole, you can buy a slightly bigger screw for that hole. Or get fill-in putty.

Low down is the good. Most use to what audiophiles contact loud bloat. In other terms overcooked bass. When you listen to a properly flat sound many adjust the bass up which can destroy the harmonics everywhere else. Hope you got it.

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
I have a hard drive connected to my xbox. I also have a galaxy phone
IS there a way i can copy downloaded content from my phone to the xbox hard drive?

phone only has 1GB storage i want to download way more and store it for future use. I dont want to use a Laptop in between.
Any ideas?

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
arent these speakers too 4ohms

The colling fans can be Noisy right? It can screw up quiet movie scenes...as i wont be rack mounting it

Thoughts??

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
I got the amp. I see jacks to connect the speaker but I don't see how I can connect the pre out from the receiver. There are several jacks but they are all new to me. Can you help?

There are inputs called balanced in PIN2 (+) and T/R/S TIP(+)

I got regular RCA cables to make the connection from the onkyo to the AMP. Will that work? What will i need?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
OK so i connected the amp. When i am playing music it is fine, but when there are quite scenes the speakers are really noisy.
Music playback is fine however it it is distorting when there are movie dialogues

Any ideas?

I calibrated them a full gain on the amp. Was that the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks