What's new

Obligatory First Post (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Evan
Hello to anyone reading this!

I've visited this forum many times in the past, so today I thought to myself that I might as well become a member. I imagine that I'm likely younger than most members here, and as such have no specific title or noteworthy experience that would lend my words more weight. But I am thankful for this great resource of information, and the many members here that contribute to it (much respect to Mr. Furmanek). This site in particular seems to be free of the petty drama and combative semantics that plague most internet discussion groups. Although I'm sure some moderators here might not feel that way.

My TV is an LG 60PB6900, and I am region free. Unfortunately, I don't possess an adequate sound system, given my living in an old, cramped apartment. Not much of a "home theater", in any sense of either word, but I make do with what I can. I've been thinking of investing in a pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones, but have yet to determine which model would best fit my needs and budget.

As for my film interests, it varies. Lately I have been on a Noir bender, with Brute Force instantly becoming a favorite. I suppose some might want additional specific titles to gauge my tastes and collecting habits, so here are some personal favorites of note as I glance at my BD shelf:

Solaris (1972), Garden of Evil, A Virgin Among the Living Dead, Aguirre Wrath of God, The Saragossa Manuscript, City on Fire (1987), Whispering Pages, I Walked With A Zombie, The Thief of Bagdad (1924), Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street, The Most Dangerous Game, Withnail & I, Schalcken the Painter, Herostratus, Punishment Park, Videodrome, The Penalty (1920), Lonely Are The Brave, The Incredible Shrinking Man, etc, etc. Surely too many already, but picking favorites is never easy.

Anyways, this has been my monotonous introduction post. Looking forward to being active here instead of merely lurking, although my input will probably be more questions than answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks