What's new

Home Theater Direct Level 3 Center Channel... (1 Viewer)

ratm

Agent
Real Name
Matt
First of all, GREAT site. While I enjoy AVS for daily laughs and drama, I never get an answer other than do a search or something thereof. I know I a generally a noob with HT even though I have been buying AV crap for 20 plus years, but I dont need to be ostracized for not knowing what a SPL meter does. This site is far more helpful.

That being said, I received my first upgrade towards my new HT. While I would love to spend countless thousands on a compete set of Pardiagm Signatures or PSB Synchronys, I just cant afford that. SO....after doing my fair share of research, I decided to pull the trigger on an internet direct speaker company. Home Theater Direct to be exact. There arent nearly the amount of reviews as say Aperion, Axiom, or SVS, but almost every one of the reviews that I read about HTD is that it a solid company with a very good product at a very competitive price. Plus, their customer service is THE BEST I have ever dealt with.

Well after waiting 3 days, my L3 center channel arrived. It was packed double boxed with a very nice cloth bag over it. My first impression was that this thing is HUGE. and VERY heavy. At least for me it was. It is at least twice as big as my 10 year old Jamo center 100 that I had. Fit and finish is excellent. Simple yet very well put together.

I immediately notice the sound of the ribbon tweeter. Very clear and concise dialogue. And that is from watching the penguins of madagascar on directv for the millionth time. I am very looking forward to watch something on Bluray when I get the kids to sleep. The midrange/midbass from the dialogue is also much deeper. I suppose that is due to the dual 6.5in drivers as opposed to dual 4 inchers. I also noticed that I had to turn my AVR up more than on my old CC to get the same volume. But I imagine that has more to do with the very basic Sony STR-DG710 AVR that I am using. Eventually I will be upgrading this to a Onkyo/Denon/Marantz AVR with a Emotiva Amp.

Still hemming and hawing about speaker break in, as I have read just as many dont worry about it threads as I have its a big deal threads. Right now, I am just enjoying my new purchase that sounds amazing. I most defintely will be buying from Home Theater Direct again soon!!!

Thanks for letting me share. And great site.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Still hemming and hawing about speaker break in, as I have read just as many don't worry about it threads as I have its a big deal threads.
I'm still on the fence about speaker break-in. I don't think it's a big deal but I think there is something to it. I also think the purchaser getting used to the new sound is just as valid. Sometimes it takes a while. But from what I've read, most of the nay-sayers are average users (like me ) and most of the proponents are industry experts like professional reviews and most importantly, speaker designers and manufacturers. That's why I lean towards it being valid.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Well, I've always thought that using your speakers would get them broken in...so I don't worry about any specific effort to do a burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks