What's new

Holiday Leftovers (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Holidays are upon us, and that means Food! :D Unfortunately, it seems we alway prepare more food than we need for the Festivities, and soon we are all overrun with LEFTOVERS :eek: . However there are ways we can bring new life to all those meals that didn't get consumed during the Holidays. I'm asking everyone to submit their recipies for "Leftover Killers", those dishes we make using whatever food has been leftover from our Holiday Meals!

Let me start this show with my Favorate. It's called Fiejoada, and it's the National Dish of Brazil. :emoji_thumbsup:

SIMPLIFIED FIEJOADA

2 16 oz Cans of Black Beans

1 1/2 Cups Water

1 Lb Diced Pork - Cooked

1 Lb Diced Beef -Cooked

(Note: Other Meats can be substituted)

1 Lb Smoked Sausage

16 Strips of Bacon, cut into 1-inch squares

(8 Strips Fully Cooked, 8 Strips Cooked for 1 Minute)

1 Large Tomato, Chopped

1/2 Spanish or Videlia Onion, Chopped

1 Clove of Garlic, Chopped

1 Can of Old El Paso green Chilies (Mild)

(You can substitute 1/4 Cup Chopped Jalipeno Peppers if you are Adventurous or use an even hotter Pepper if you have "Serious Thrill Issues":laugh: .

Place the beans in a Pot and add the water. Heat to a simmer.

Microwave 8 strips of bacon for 1 minute and add to the beans.

Add the other meats and simmer for 1 1/2 Hours.

Place the Chopped Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic and Chilis in a Frying Pan and Sautee until Golden Brown. Fully Cook the Other 8 Strips of Bacon.

After 90 Minutes add the Sauteed vegatables to the Meat and Bean mixture and Simmer for an Additional 1/2 Hour.

Sprinkle the Fully Cooked Bacon over the Stew and Serve over Rice, season to taste and ENJOY! :P

Serves one Family

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Paella, which is Spanish in origin, involves Seafood and Rice, but not beans. From what I've heard, Fiejoada is a stew that Brazilians use to take care of leftover meats and vegatables they accumulate during the week. (I was in Brazil last year on a Church Mission Trip.) I have made this Stew on several occaisions and everybody I've given it to has :D RAVED :D about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks