What's new

Hogan's Heroes re-released (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
bmasters9 said:
It seems like it's The Wild, Wild West and The Brady Bunch all over again-- either get the messy, M*A*S*H-type one that has the bonus disc, or get the better-packaged one that doesn't.
I'm still smarting over the fact that The Wild, Wild West bonus disc with the two reunion telefilms were never given a separate release from the complete series package for those of us who faithfully purchased each of the individual season sets as they were released. And, yes, I know the telefilms were crappy, but, as a completist, I would still buy them if they were available separately.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Here's what the 2016 condensed Hogan's Heroes release looks like inside; this is a French-language unboxing video of the same, so you might find it somewhat difficult to understand.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Here's what the 2016 condensed Hogan's Heroes release looks like inside; this is a French-language unboxing video of the same, so you might find it somewhat difficult to understand.

I just ordered it!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Did you purchase it because you like the packaging of it?
Actually not. The price was right as opposed to the Kommandent's Kollection. I priced it against simply purchasing the seasons I didn't own already, and it came out close to the same price. I'll put my used copies up on eBay.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
When I purchased the individual sets year ago, I noted one the the worst advertising gaffes in classic DVD release history......season 2 has a tag that proudly states that it includes extras such as "Never before seen Bob Crane home movies." When I first saw it I took a double take as I figured someone at CBS was having a little fun with the double entendre humor of the remark or that some younge staffer in charge of the project had no idea of the "historical" ramifications of the claim to include Bob Crane's never before seen home movies.......hey, whatever sells I guess.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
When I purchased the individual sets year ago, I noted one the the worst advertising gaffes in classic DVD release history......season 2 has a tag that proudly states that it includes extras such as "Never before seen Bob Crane home movies." When I first saw it I took a double take as I figured someone at CBS was having a little fun with the double entendre humor of the remark or that some younge staffer in charge of the project had no idea of the "historical" ramifications of the claim to include Bob Crane's never before seen home movies.......hey, whatever sells I guess.
Likely some staffer that has no idea who idea who Bob Crane even was! This is CBS we're talking about. On their Beverly Hillbillies FB page, they've actually posted photos from the 1990's movie!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Likely some staffer that has no idea who idea who Bob Crane even was! This is CBS we're talking about. On their Beverly Hillbillies FB page, they've actually posted photos from the 1990's movie!
Has the Hogan's Heroes Facebook Page posted pics of OUT OF FOCUS, with Greg Kinnear as Bob Crane? ;)

Seriously though, that is severely messed up! Can't they tell Jim Varney from Buddy Ebsen, for pity sake?

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks