What's new

HK7200 and Klipsch Reference Setup (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Hi I am narrowing down on HK AVR7200 to go with Klipsch RF35s or RF5s front.

any comments/review from anyone who has this setup is much appreciated.

also How does this HK with other speakers like Def Tech or Polk Sound?

Please share your experience.

Given that I already have a Sony DVPNS755, Now these three would make my first HT.

What "accessories" do I need? Ofcourse cables, I am planning to buy the Monster Cable - seems to be much talked and popular one around - anything else I need? Like SPL ( I even don't know what the heck that is used for? hee hee), BFDs or whatever.... ( by now, you all should know that it is my first HT project. But trust me I am a fast learner) :D :D
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Kumar

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well I have a HK AVR-225 paired with a Klipsch HT setup and I love it. I've also heard the HK AVR-525 with the RF-7's and it was mind blowing.

I've heard Polk's with HK and they sounded pretty good as well, but I have not heard def. tech with HK.

You will need cabling, such as a digital cable for any digital material (5.1 surround stuff), like a DVD player, or digital cable, or DirecTV.

You will of course need speaker wires, I would recommend 14ga. unless your going for something more than 100+feet. Home Depot sells some decent wire (it doesn't have to be monster cable).

Also, your saying you want all monster cable. I use all monster cable only because it is what I have lying around in my house from what my father previously used. Home Depot sells some decent speaker wire, and go to BestBuy and take a look at some of the Acoustic Research cables, it will be in blue boxes labelled AR, they will work just as good and save you some money.

Or if you have a local home audio store go to them, they should be able to give you some good stuff to look at.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks