What's new

HK AVR 7200 release delayed till March (1 Viewer)

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
I've been checking the HK site every couple of days to see if they added a hi-res pic of the back side of the 7200, (they have not), and today they changed the little blue note about when the HK 7200 will go on sale from "Available in February" to "Available in March". I was looking forward to this one, as I know some other people at HTF have been.

My local dealer is a little skeptical of the 7200, becuase he says that a couple of years ago they were about to release the 7500 (I think that was the model), and they mailed out specs, prices, promotional stuff, and then the thing never materialized.

I'm sure that the 7200 will be out at some point, but I wander what's with the delay. Could some of the recent problems with the 8000 mean that the 7200 needs to be reworked?

Anyway, Just a heads up. No AVR 7200 till at least March per the HK website.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Charles

IMHO, that is great news. HK has released far too many buggy products. First they need to take the time to iron out all the design defects. Second, they need to take the time to do sufficient beta testing to prevent fiascos like the AVR 65 and AVR8000. Do a search for AVR 8000 and you will see what I mean.

Also, what do you make of the fact that the AVR 8000 originally listed for $2,800 and in the end was going for under $1,200?

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Charles,

Thanks for the info, I was just about to ask about the 7200 release date myself. I'm seriously considering a 525 right now but I might hold out for the 7200... any chance we might see a price drop on the 525 once the 7200 is released? I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks