What's new

Hissing Sound (1 Viewer)

Louis D

Agent
Guys, need help. I painted and rearranged the HT room, and no after hooking the sytem back up, it is hissing or whistling. Any suggestions. I checked all connections, plugged, and un-plugged. Help!!!![/size][/font]

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
What color did you paint the room?
Seriously though, are you having the problem when you first turn on your receiver, or only when you select certain components (phono, video1, DVD etc.). If the problem occurs when you turn on the receiver, try disconnecting all your audio inputs (leave the speakers connected, obviously) and see if it goes away. If so, re-connect each one until it returns. If it still exists with everythng but your speakers dis-connected, disconnect each speaker until it disappears and then check for broken/loose wires. If it only happens when a particular component is connected, again check those particular wires/connections and double check the connections to the receiver (I know I had a noise problem when I accidently connected my subwoofer to the DVD video coaxial connection). Are you using a surge protector, or plugging into a wall outlet? Did you switch outlets? If all else fails, go back to the original color.
RichN ;)

Louis D

Agent
I painted the room Dune White from RL. Nice color. Almost like a sand colored. Works nice with the Hardwood floors and Leather couch / chair. Anyway, I did switch outlets, but I am using a surge protector. I will have to try the components thing. I noticed it last night, watching Swordfish. I will let you know. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks