What's new

Hey You Are Back! (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Gag, I knew it. Noise, noise everywhere and nearly impossible to read. Only a consultant can take something that works and make it less and less functional for the sake of "look what I did". Every single forum I've been on for the last 4-5 years keeps upgrading their system and it gets worse everytime. It's just like the Twilight Time vs SAE website -- the SAE website is 10 years old and far more useable, but it's not modern I guess.

Is there a way to customize the forums to get something similar to what existed 2-3 'upgrades' ago. I don't see a themes or any desktop customization options.

Single file forum lists, get rid of all the avatars, colors, labels, tags that make it a headache to read.
I'm sure this optimized to look great on a phone of 6 inch tablet, but it a monstrosity on a regular monitor.
I really just want a basic, simple desktop that emphasizes the threads and not the Stuff

So far -- no time stamps on posts
it's nearly impossible to hit the go to last post button which appears to be the size of period,

Search function still appears to have no way or sorting results. Search Barnes and Noble/thread title and I
get 2003 threads mixed in with the 2014 with a 2010 then a 2005. Am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks