What's new

Help!!.with Surround Sound Setup! (1 Viewer)

tmonteau

Auditioning
Real Name
Tricia
Okie dokie.. well. thanks in advance for any input!.. I am SO.. new at all this so, please excuse my ignorance!.:eek:

I have the following:
Sony Wega KDF60WF655 HD Lcd tv
Directv HD-DVR HR21-700
Bose Acoustimass 15 Series ll Speaker System

I assume I need a home theater receiver (5:1)?.. but get so overwhelmed by all the different styles..types & brands. I don't have much money, recently divorced.. Husband used to install all this!.. (Please advise what I need to get)
Also.. what all connectors..wires.. do I need to get..

The Tv and dvr are hooked up and working. Everything was hooked up, but when he left I guess he took the receiver part.. and left everything else just in a big box.
Thanks
Tricia

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hi Tricia,

Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear about your domestic woes. :frowning:

It sounds like all you need, for starters anyway, is a home theater receiver. You might go to Best Buy and look for a Yamaha in your price range. I've found that they're generally user friendly (a big plus with something as ridiculously complicated as home theater) and their manuals are fairly easy to understand, with lots of helpful pictures to guide you.

As far as connections, that will depend on your equipment. It sounds like you have all the cables you need anyway; the receiver's manual will show you how to connect things, and the friendly folks here can help with whatever might not make sense.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks