What's new

Help with JVC RX-9010VBK (1 Viewer)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Anyone with experience on this unit? I just bought the RX-9010VBK this week and am having a little trouble with getting it to recognize a digital signal from my PS2 (no DVD player yet). I went into the setup on the PS2 to enable the digial out (I'm using the fiber optic digital cable). I hooked this into one of the fiber inputs on the receiver. I checked to make sure that there was "light" coming throught the cable, so I know that it's getting to the receiver from the PS2.
Here's my problem/question: How do I tell the receiver that I want to use the fiber input rather than the digital coax for the DVD? It is set for the DVD to use the digital coax from the factory. I also tried moving the factory assigned digital inputs into another order (factory is 1:DVD, 2:CD, 3:TV, 4:MD/CDR). No help there. Any ideas? I also posted in the receivers section and gaming hardware section.

Mark Gurney

Stunt Coordinator
John, I do not own the RX-9010VBK, but within every AV receiver there is usually a setup program where you can set options like how many speaker are attached, subwoofer settings, whether your speakers are large/small as well as assigning which digital interface will be used for which input. This setup is usually one of the first things your receiver manual will run through. Is there nothing like that in the manual?
Also, remember on the PS2 that in order to get a Dolby Digital or DTS signal when watching DVD's, you will need to enter the PS2 menu system when playing a DVD (press SELECT) and choose SETUP. From there go to the Audio Setup and turn Dolby Digital and DTS from OFF to ON. It took a friend of mine and I a day or so to figure this out, which was plainly explain in the manual :rolleyes
Hope this helps.

Dan Long

Auditioning
I'm having the same problem- no digital signal recognized from the digital audio output of my cable box.

I hadn't tried going to any upper channels to see if they work that way. I did notice as far as TV picture goes, the channels that are true cable channels (non-network channels)- HBO's etc, have a much clearer picture using the S video than network channels.

The cable box I have is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000. Their manual and website are useless as far as finding out if there is a way to enable the digital audio out. Does anyone else have this box and are you able to get a digital signal to your receiver?

Thanks,

Dan

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Thanks to the guys over in the receivers section! I finally got DD from the PS2. As it turns out, the JVC defaults to the analog input when both analog and digital are connected. Also, there were some settings on the actual receiver that I hadn't checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks