Help with JVC RX-9010VBK

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John_Bilbrey, Jan 17, 2002.

1. John_Bilbrey

John_Bilbrey Stunt Coordinator

Anyone with experience on this unit? I just bought the RX-9010VBK this week and am having a little trouble with getting it to recognize a digital signal from my PS2 (no DVD player yet). I went into the setup on the PS2 to enable the digial out (I'm using the fiber optic digital cable). I hooked this into one of the fiber inputs on the receiver. I checked to make sure that there was "light" coming throught the cable, so I know that it's getting to the receiver from the PS2.
    Here's my problem/question: How do I tell the receiver that I want to use the fiber input rather than the digital coax for the DVD? It is set for the DVD to use the digital coax from the factory. I also tried moving the factory assigned digital inputs into another order (factory is 1[​IMG]VD, 2:CD, 3:TV, 4:MD/CDR). No help there. Any ideas? I also posted in the receivers area and basics forums. Thanks!

2. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

I have a JVC 8010VBK. I think you're on the right track with reassigning digital inputs. Once you've done that, select DVD mode on your receiver and press the Input Analog/Digital button to set that source to digital mode. You should be good to go.
    This is detailed on pages 30-31 of the manual.

3. John_Bilbrey

Does it matter which optical input I use? As long as I pick "DVD" as a source, and assign the first optical (not the coax) to DVD, I should be good to go then.

4. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

No, it shouldn't matter what optical input you use, as long as there is an order combination with "DVD" corresponding to the input you are using.

5. Mark O'Donnell

This may sound stupid but did you use both the Digital and Analog connections when hooking up your PS2.

I did this with my DVD player and noticed the JVC reciever chose Analog by default.

6. John_Bilbrey

See reply in receivers forum. Thanks!