What's new

HELP WANTED: Replies to this thread as a test for Verizon accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Keith:

The one thing that I just noticed (I really don't know why I didn't earlier) is that you have your email functionality turned off to the generaly public and while it shouldn't make a difference I would try turning it on and see if that helps resolve the situation. Just another thing to try.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Okay, it's done. Although I'm actually hoping it's not the case because I don't like my e-mail address visible to the general public. I've never had it turned on and I used to get notifications. But things could have changed since then, so I'll try it. Okay, awaiting next post!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Keith:

Oh, well. I thought that I would give that a try too. FYI, the email function on this board does not make your email address visible to the general public. If you click on the email icon you are taken to another page to enter where your email address is never listed. We did this so bots couldn't get ahold of an email address too.

Did you turn this option on and then back off again? I don't see the email icon in your toolbar.

Parker

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I turned it on and when it didn't work, I turned it back off. Actually, when I had it on, I clicked on "Send an e-mail to Keith I." It took me to a form page but at the top it says if you want to use your own e-mail program, click on this link. When I put my cursor over the link, my e-mail address is visible in the status bar of my browser. So I assume that it's like this for everyone and they can find my e-mail address this way. If ONLY the form were there, then that would be fine.

However, when I click on someone else's e-mail link, it doesn't have a link. It has a button ("Send E-mail"). WHen I click on it, the To: recipient is always [email protected] (even a regular user like Mike).

So is it different if I try to email myself rather than everyone else?

Okay, I turned it back on and I get the same button as everyone else (with packy as the recipient). Am I in the Twilight Zone? [cue music here ... anyone gotta cool image?]

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Keith:

I was working on that part when you tried it out. I changed the hyperlink (so your email address is not visible in the status bar) to a button. Now even when you click on the button the only place that your email address will get displayed is in the other person's email program. Even when you use the form your reply address is in the email that gets sent out.

Parker

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
BTW, I received your two e-mails and replied to them! They had the "hometheaterforum.com" domain! They were sent using the "E-mail" link on a user's post.

"I need a post!"

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's interesting. Let's do a former test again: send me an e-mail (to my forum address) and I'll reply. If that works now, it appears to have been TWO different problems (at least).

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Well, I didn't get a notification for your post, Cees. Message sent. I turned off e-mail access here just to see what happens. Let me know here when you sent it (in case I don't get it) then I'll turn e-mail on and try again.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kyrie eleison, down the road that I must travel
Kyrie eleison, through the darkness of the night
Kyrie eleison, where I'm going will you follow
Kyrie eleison, on a highway in the light

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I don't know if Cees was able to send a reply yet but it's 9.5 hours later from his post and I did not get any notification. I also did not get his direct reply from my e-mail sent to him.

I also didn't get any notification from the four posts afterwards.

I turned my "E-mail" function back on. So post away (again) and let's see if I get anything...

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Unfortunately, I did not receive any e-mail... :frowning:

And two people in the Help & Feeback forum says the current mail program is not desired.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Now that is just weird. You got my emails that I sent to you using the same program that the notifications use and yet you did get any email from this subscribed thread.

I am going to send you an email from the sendmail program itself. Something is just too weird for you to not get both this email and one that you would get from the same program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks