What's new

HELP WANTED: Replies to this thread as a test for Verizon accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Madman drummers bummers and Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder feelin' kinda older I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasing sneezing and wheezing the calliope crashed to the ground
Some all-hot half-shot was headin' for the hot spot snappin' his fingers clappin' his hands
And some fleshpot mascot was tied into a lover's knot with a whatnot in her hand
And now young Scott with a slingshot finally found a tender spot and throws his lover in the sand
And some bloodshot forget-me-not whispers daddy's within earshot save the buckshot turn up the band

And she was blinded by the light. Cut loose like a deuce
Another runner in the night. Blinded by the light
She got down but she never got tight, but she'll make it alright

Some brimstone baritone anticyclone rolling stone preacher from the east
He says: "Dethrone the dictaphone, hit it in its funny bone, that's where they expect it least"
And some new-mown chaperone was standin' in the corner all alone watchin' the young girls dance
And some fresh-sown moonstone was messin' with his frozen zone to remind him of the feeling of romance

Yeah he was blinded by the light. Cut loose like a deuce
He got down but she never got tight, but he's gonna make it tonight

Some silicone sister with her manager's mister told me I got what it takes
She said I'll turn you on sonny to something strong if you play that song with the funky break
And go-cart Mozart was checkin' out the weather chart to see if it was safe to go outside
And little Early-Pearly came in by her curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride

Oh, some hazard from Harvard was skunked on beer playin' backyard bombardier
Yes and Scotland Yard was trying hard, they sent some dude with a calling card, he
said, do what you like, but don't do it here
Well I jumped up, spit in the air, turned around, asked wich was the way back home
He said take a right at the light, keep going straight until night, and then boy you're on your own

And now in Zanzibar a shootin' star was ridin' in a side car hummin' a lunar tune
Yes, and the avatar said blow the bar but first remove the cookie jar,
we're gonna teach those boys to laugh too soon
And some kidnapped handicap was complaining that he caught the clap from some
mousetrap he bought last night
Well I unsnapped his skull cap and between his ears I saw a gap but he'd figured he'd be all right

He was just blinded by the light. Cut loose like a deuce
Mama always told me not to look into the sights of the sun
Oh but mama that's where the fun is

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Isn't it "wrapped up like a douche"? Ha ha. One of those famous misunderstood lyrics like Hendrix's "'scuse me while I kiss this guy."

HMMMMMMMMM...??? Is my time here done?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

yes it is, and I won't trust anyone who says differently.

of course, I had a friend who got quite violently upset with me when I explained the true lyric of Kyrie was "Kyrie eleison down the road that I must travel" instead of "Carry a laser."

He honestly wanted to fight me over it.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think Springsteen knew what he wanted to write. Even though it really didn't make all the much sense. :)

Vince:

I know what you mean about that song. People just don't get the Greek "Kyrie Eleison" for "Lord Have Mercy" and that Mr. Mister would include that in a song.

BTW:

Keith let me know if you get this email notification.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Are the lyrics to "Kyrie" in the album/CD? I guess they are not or else you would not have had that problem. It's not in the Greatest Hits CD, which I have. Or go to some lyrics web site online (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/mister...ie-lyrics.html is one) to see them.

BTW, I know it's not supposed to be "douche" but I remember seeing a special on TV about misunderstood lyrics and this was on there.

Parker:

It's 12:10 a.m. and I did not get the e-mail notification. I just happened to log on.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Dunno- although I know very few people who actually bought a Mr. Mister album --- I think my friend who wanted to fight me had only heard it on the radio, and if I recall correctly, thought it was by Kansas.

-V

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Parker:

It's almost 12 hours later and I did not get the e-mail notification from both of your posts. Bummer.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Now I'm having problems with the "third" website I mentioned somewhere in my previous posts. All was fine until I tried to change my e-mail address in my Profile to my Verizon alias. But what they do is send a message to that address to verify its existence. Since that message never got to me, I guess they took that as a false address. But now I cannot post, edit, send PMs, or even change my Profile! It says my e-mail address has been banned!

What's weird is that I did get one e-mail notification from a post I made yesterday but I don't get the verification message for changing my e-mail address.

And here's what worries me: If they try to send me an e-mail from their own domain, I may never get it. I don't think they'll use their own personal address (like Cees did) to communicate with me.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I still think this needs to be solved, preferably at a technical level.
One or two Verizon guys and a tech of one of those sites should come together and sort the whole thing out. It's a ridiculous problem! No intelligent human (a knowing man = homo sapiens) should accept this!

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
HTF is the only one of those three sites that are trying to do something about it. Parker tried something and it didn't work. So back to the problem-solving.

The other sites are an online retailer that won't do anything to help (their words) and a local online newspaper who happens to have a forum (they are too busy trying to report the news to help me; so why even have a forum?). I could care less if the problems with these sites are fixed since although their ultimate goal is to serve their public, they won't care about the individual. Their bottom line is the "$". If it gets fixed, great. If not, no big deal.

So that's why HTF is the best of the three because it's more "personable" here, even though there might be conflicts and other negative aspects about communicating with each other. It's all for US, the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks