What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help..Subwoofer (2 outs from receiver) do I need both? (1 Viewer)

Mattlock_

Auditioning
As a newbie I have a real basic question....I just hooked up my speakers and Sub (SVS PB-12) to my Denon AVR2105 Receiver but I only had 1 sub cable. I noticed that my Denon has 2 outs (Left and Right) to the Sub.

Right now I only have one cable running and it sounds great!! Do I really need to run the other as well? Kinda silly...I would assume so but the sub manual indicates that you dont need to "split" a single cable but since my receiver actually has 2 outs I assume I should run to cables to L & R? Is this correct? Will I get a noticeably better sound?

thanks
Mattlock

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mattlock_

Auditioning
I was wrong..there is only one output....I had the darn subwoofer plugged into the wrong "out". I had it in the Center instead of the subwoofer....

Sounds even better now (unbelievable sound)

Mattlock
SVS PB-12 rocks!!!!!

Ron_Yeoh

Grip
Hi why is it my subwoofer Mirage PS12-180 has two inputs..for right and left when receivers have only one pre-out for the sub? Does it matter which input we use?
Thanks

Greg_Hammond

Agent
Ron - One input on your Mirage bypasses the crossover and output level controls on your sub, the other input does not. I don't believe they are "right and left" inputs even though the colors of the jacks are red/white.

You want to use the input that uses the crossover and level adjustment, and set the crossover to the maximum frequency and the level to about 30-40% of full if you're relying on your receiver's crossover and level control for LFE use.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks