What's new

Help! Sound Dynamics speaker replacement (1 Viewer)

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
I just aquired a set of Sound Dynamics 100s speakers but the woofers surround foam is gone.:frowning: Is there a replacement I could use or should I try putting new foam on? Has anyone tried putting new foam on before?
The box is ported - 3"*12" long; 0.94 cuft.(internal dim-8"(d)*11"(w)*18.5(h))
He said that he was using them one day and then the foam broke up and he stopped using them, I'm assuming that the rest of the woofer is still good.
It is a two way speaker system sporting a 10" woofer. The guy I got them off said that they were guaranteed for life but as we all know Sound Dynamics is long gone...he also said that they sounded pretty good, though he is no audiophile(not that I am also).:wink:
UpDate: I just came across this 10" http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...ID=16243&DID=7
Would this maybe work?
Any suggestions?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Since trying to match the old woofer will be difficult, I suggest having both woofers refoamed. That way they'll be a matched pair. Refoaming isn't for the novice. Try www.newfoam.com.or www.speakerrepair.com/ either should have an appropriate surround for your woofers

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
I have been thinking about it while away today and was wondering if I could just use the same x-over and tweeter but using a new 8" woofer (instead of the 10") and create a new box using WIN ISD?
The x-over should be basically generic shouldn't it?

BTW has anyone ever owned a pair of these or some other type of Sound Dynamics speakers?

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
Here is another thought I had. I would like to know if I could build a new box keeping the same volume but taller and narrower as I would like to make some towers instead of a retangle box. Would it have a major effect if I increase the volume size by 1/2? or maybe a little less than half?

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
bump!

Would it have any effect to increase the size and if so by how much would be okay to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks