What's new

Help Setting the Crossover for Polk RTi150s w/ H/K 525 (1 Viewer)

I need some help setting up my crossover settings on my H/K AVR 525. I just got two Polk RTi150s (on clearance at Circuit City for $299), center speaker is a CSi40, the surrounds are RTi38s, and a HSU VTF-2 subwoofer. Right now, I've set the 525 so that is recognizes all speakers as "Small" (sending all bass information to my Hsu VTF-2). I've set the crossover for the L/R front speakers at 80 Hz and all other speakers at 100 Hz. What do you guys think? The 150s have three 6.5 inch long-throw woofers and a "Overall Frequency Response of 26Hz-2KHz" -- should I set them to "Large" in the 525 so that bass informatin is sent to both the fronts and the subwoofer? Have I set the crossovers at the right levels? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Joel, yes, definitely set them to large. Your receiver should be able to drive them as they are relatively efficient speakers. If you had about 300 watts per channel driving them, you wouldn't even want to use a seperate dedicated sub for 2 channel stereo music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks