What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help.. Samsung BD-P3600 Blu-Ray Player & Denon AVR-3600 (1 Viewer)

Maha

Auditioning
Real Name
Maha Chen
I just bought the new Samsung BD-P3600 Blu-Ray player. I have an existing home theather setup with a Denon AVR-3600 (Dolby Digital 5.1 AC-3 only Receiver). The audio is hooked up via an optical cable.

Some Blu-Ray movies don't have Dolby Digital 5.1 (only DTS-HD for example). I can't seem to get the P3600 to decode DTS-HD to Dolby Digit 5.1 (AC-3). It suppose to according to the specs.. Anybody know the proper setting on the Samsung BD-P3600 so it decodes DTS-HD?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
It decodes DTS-HD just fine. Your issue is that you need it to *reencode* to AC-3, which it can't. The re-encode option only outputs DTS.

If your 3600 doesn't have a 5.1 analog input, and is only DD, then unfortunately I think it is now obsolete & time to upgrade to something current. This is the same thing I ran into couple years ago when I was getting HD-DVD; my '97 era receiver was 2 digital inputs only, DD only, and the only way to get 5.1 from the player was DTS. So I finally got a new receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexj-12
Recent bookmarks