What's new

Help, no sound from receiver! (1 Viewer)

craig carroll

Auditioning
I have a kenwood htb 504 home theater system, had it 2 weeks now, its worked great...
this morning, i turned on a cd to listen to while gettin ready for work and whatnot, i went to leave, and i left the receiver on all day ~8hrs, i get home, turn the cd player back on, and nothing, no sound at any volume level, nothing when i try my tv either...
on the front of it, theres a 'diagram' of the speaker setup, showing the 5 speakers and the sub, and it tells you which ones are being used in what mode you select (i.e. stereo shows just front 2, full surround shows all)
now none of them are showing as on, did it just get too hot? anyone have an idea?
i dont think its the connections, because i didnt touch it, after i got no sound i did give each wire the infamous 'this'll fix it' wiggle
craig

craig carroll

Auditioning
monitor isnt on, not muted either
frown.gif

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
What about the digital input? Is Coax or Optical selected?
Also, can you do the test tone and see if that still works? If that works, try the tuner and see if that works.

craig carroll

Auditioning
hrm, explain the test tone a bit more...
input from dvd player is optical, from tv is rca, tuner should work reguardless shouldnt it?
thanks

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
Either in the receiver's on-screen menu (if it has one) or direcctly on the remote, there should be something called "Test" or "Test Tone." Maybe check your owner's manual for more info.
Running the test tone and moving it thru all the speakers should help narrow down where the problem is.
So, is the tuner working? (When you select "Tuner," are you hearing anything from the speakers?)

craig carroll

Auditioning
ok so im a slight idiot :)
apparenty the A/B speaker button was off, i mustve pushed that this morning instead of the off button, tee hee :)
thanks for the help though
craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks