What's new

Help me with Sat Dish questions (1 Viewer)

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Questions:
I am about to move. Currently I have a Dish Network system that is at least 5 years old. I called Dish and told them that I would be moving 100 miles away. They of course mentioned the 'move" program where I can leave the dish and take the receiver. My complete audio system is digital. I would like to get a receiver that has digital out to go to my Outlaw. Right now that would cost me hundreds of dollars with dish. Best Buy here is S. Calif. is offering Direct TV 2 receiver dish system with free installation for $99. This includes one digital receiver with digital out. Since I am moving to a two-story home the installation sounds great. Of course I have to agree to 1 year of programming at about $40 per month. No big deal. But I heard several rumors. One is that Direct customer service is really bad. Also that Dish and Direct is merging soon anyway? Can I "bargain" with Dish so that I don't have to switch companies? Should I upgrade to HDTV dish (Money is tight with the new house)? Any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Michael
[email protected]

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
I have never had a problem with customer service at DirecTV. A merger has been agreed upon and is awaiting approval by the Justice Department - but nobody knows what the merger will mean in equipment & service terms. www.dbsforums.com has had a lot of discussion about what a post-merger world would be like.
I'd make the switch to DIrecTV.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
if you do go Direct and want to upgrade to HD, check out this thread. you get the same deal on the equipment, but if you ask for the "Para Todos" programming they install the HD compatible additional dish for no extra charge. and it's thru blockbuster so you get a years worth of free dvd rentals to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks