What's new

Help me sell my gear (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
It is a terrible day for me. I have been out of work for a long time now and it seems as I have no choice but to sell my gear. I have being putting this off for a long time, I can't imagine life without my modest system, but I guess others have made harder choices. My problem is I don't know what fair prices are for this stuff. Any help would be appreciated. Please note I am in Canada so please note Canadian dollars or US.

I need prices for

Denon AVR3300
sony vega KV32FS12
toshiba sd2800
Paradigm studio 100 real wood (rosenut) version 1
Paradigm studio 20 real wood (rosenut) version 2
Shiva 85 box sub vented with ava250

any pricing help would be great

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Sorry to hear about your hard times. The rule of thumb I have heard is, gear that is up to a year old = 50% of retail, older than a year = 30-45% of retail depending on condition. Good luck.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
what i generally do is i check the "completed items" on ebay for the gear i'm looking to sell. this gives you a rough idea of what your equipment will draw. instead of starting an auction, however, i will email all the unsuccessful bidders with an offer (usually $25 less than the winning bid). i have had relatively good success selling items this way.

kevin t

DavidY

Supporting Actor
James,
I think that you will get more $$$ if you sell the Paradigm speakers to the US. Generally, the list prices in the US are about the same in Canada, but in US dollars not loonies. Since Denon is noticeably pricier in Canada, your best bet is to sell it local or within Canada. Due to it's weight and size, try selling the Sony TV local too.
Not sure where you bought the Paradigms....if it's Audioshop, you might be able to advertise for a private sale on their website. http://www.audioshop.on.ca
I would use 50-60% of the list price (US or Canada, depending on who are targeting as a buyer). This is a general rule for used HT components in good to excellent condition and a fairly new model. Shipping would be extra. However, you might have to pay half the shipping if it's big and heavy.
Good luck.
Dave

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Man that sucks. You've put together a really nice system. Good luck with finding work. Something will come up hopefully before it's not too late.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
I think you shouldn't sell all of it, only part of it. Maybe the extra money from the parts you sell will be enough to hold you over through hard times. I wouldn't want to have to get rid of Studio 100s, or the DIY sub.

Marc H

Second Unit
James,
You're welcome to list your gear on my site in the classifieds section. Just shoot me an email should you choose to do so. Audio Centre has a for sale board on their website too. Also, there is a very good Canadian used gear site here:
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Another scenario...

Are there any close friends that have enjoyed your system in the past?

You may be able to get a bit more money selling to them, considering there is no shipping and handling and they trust you that your system is in good working order, that it has been well cared for. You could even sell it with an installation charge.

Times are tough right now throughout North America. You aren't alone during this recession. Hopefully things will turn around soon for you.

Peace,

Jeremy

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
James,

I wish you luck. I have a very similar system, and have had difficulty selling my gear. The 100's are especially tough to move.

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks