What's new

Help me I.D. a recent horror/thriller movie! (1 Viewer)

Steve Conrad

Agent
Everyone I ask about this tells me I'm dreaming, and I'm begining to believe them.

All I've seen of this movie is the trailer.

I saw it about 6 months ago, and couldn't wait to see the movie, and here I am all this time later, wondering, where in the hell did that movie go?

I remember a girl sitting on a chair in a sparsely furnished darkened room with a curious device attached to her head. A nearby TV flickers on with a masked figure. The figure says unless you do what I say, "THIS" will happen to you. It cuts to a watermelon with the same kind of device on it that is locked onto the girl. The device suddenly snaps open, like a reverse beartrap exploding the watermelon into mush. Now the girl is getting really scared, because the device is set in her mouth, ready to spring open.

The masked figure says, "the key to the trap is INSIDE this dead body over there" (figure points to a corner inside the room) "Use that knife on the counter to get it out."

The woman reluctantly gets the knife, and is ready to filet the "dead" body to retrive the key, but the "dead body" starts growning, and waking up... The guy on the ground comes to, just in time to see a knife wielding crazy lady with a big ass aparatus on her head.

Thats all the trailer was. just that scene.

The movie was called something odd, like: "Shit Outta Luck" or something.

WHAT WAS THIS?????!?!?!?!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The movie is called "SAW". Lion's Gate is releasing it this fall. It made a splash at Sundance, and according to those who have seen it, it's a twisted serial killer flick, ala Seven. It stars Danny Glover and Cary Elwes. There have been some pretty messed up net exclusive trailers....you can find them at sites like Chud.com creature-corner.com IGN, etc with a little searching. Sounds like you've already seen one of them.

www.sawmovie.com

Steve Conrad

Agent
Thanks Gentlemen!

Seriously, I never would have found out what it was other than posting here. It was really killing me!

:emoji_thumbsup: and a to everyone!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Heh, somebody should definitely make a movie called "Shit Outta Luck" sometime. That would be awesome. :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
"Shit Outta Luck"

That could also star Danny Glover as an aging/retired cop:

"I'm gettin' too old for this shit..."

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
"Shit Outta Luck"

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm sitting at my desk at work and my vanilla coke just came shooting out my nose...hahaha! :D

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

You probably remember a tagline from the trailer:

"How f*cked up is that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks