What's new

Help me choice a projector and a screen for it with a budget of 3k. (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
With a 10x30 room, there is room for two seats with an aisle. A couch would block the room off unless it was against the wall. With the low roof, I'd guess four rows of two chairs is going to be the limit. It may be necessar to raise the speakers up on the wall to avoid pointing them straight at an upholstered chair and killing the sound dead.

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Guys, I know I promise to post pictures of my room today but totally forgot to take some pictures. I might go back to the house later to take some pictures. The room is almost a dedicated HT. The reason why I say almost is because I will put 2 Thread Mills in the back of the room. I figure I can watch a movie or listen to music while I get my power walk in. I only plan to have one row of seating. I will try to post some pictures later tonight if I go back over to the house.

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Here are some pictures of my to be HT. 10.5ft wide and 33ft long with the new false wall. What do you guys think?

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The entrance is on the screen end... Can the room outside be kept dark with the door open in case someone needs to go to the bathroom? The roof is right at the height of the door? Is there enough room above for the projector mount without hitting your head on it?

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Yes, you can definitely control the light outside the door. The ceiling is 7ft high. I am the tallest members in my family and I'm only 5'9"ft so i think mounting the projector on the ceiling is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks