What's new

Help! Marantz 7200 went nuts after power outage (1 Viewer)

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
After a 2-hour power outage my receiver started behaving strange, even though it's connected through a line filter.

1. The 'monitor' screen is activated, but the TV can't sync to it. I've tried 2 TV sets and you can see the screen is there, but you can't read it.

2. On 'TV' everything is fine, except that after 5 minutes or so the receiver turns itself off.

3. On 'DVD' it's back to normal now, but right after power come back it was joggling with the audio input, displaying DIG1/DIG2/DIGI alternately.

Is there any 'master reset' on this receiver, either via remote or via hardware?

Thanks.

MikeLobos

Grip
Dennis B,

I know for my Denon 1802 there is a way to initialize the microprocessor. You should check your manual.

MikeLobos

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
MikeLobos,

Thanks, but unfortunately I've gone through the user manual and didn't find anything. There's probably a 7200 service manual out there. Does anybody know where to find it?

Thanks again.

David John

Stunt Coordinator
Just a total guess here.. but try holding the power button for more than 5 seconds.. maybe even 10 seconds.

This may "reboot" your receiver.

This is how i reboot my digi-cable box.

Don't know if it will work, but give it a try.. it's free!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks