What's new

Hello people.....first time,long time....................... (1 Viewer)

Lance_D

Auditioning
This will be my first post so bear with me here. Tomorrow I

am having delivered a 36" SONY XBR450 and just got a SONY

NS700P DVD player. I was sent a PANNY CT-36HX41 in error.

Nice tv, picture a bit soft.In anticipation, how does the

SONY compare w/DVD, satellite, and of course,the XBOX? Should I upgrade the NS700P also? Thanks for being patient

and actually reading this. Please give me any opinions.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Welcome to the HTF, Lance. The XBR is a very nice set and you should be very happy with it. You will notice less artifacts when watching satellite compared to the Panny because of its better line doubling circuitry--not a huge difference, but a difference none the less.

The 700p is a good player in its price range and has garnered some good reviews. Since Sony has dropped the price, it is even a better value.

Enjoy your set-up and your time here on the HTF.

DJ

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lance.

Keep in mind that many TV's have the brightness and contrast set artifically high so the unit will "stand out" on a showroom floor. This is usually too bright/artifical for your home. You can adjust this manually, or purchase one of: Video Essential, Avia DVD's. These disks take you through interactive adjustment of brightness, contrast, sharpness, focus, etc., and contain many test patterns. A lot of people swear by the Avia disk. Many video stores also rent these if you dont want to pony up the ~$30.

Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks