What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Heft of an Audio Card? (1 Viewer)

John*K

Stunt Coordinator
I happened to see photos of a few audio cards, and noticed that the cheaper ones tended to be smaller, with a lot less chips. Does the general audiophile "amplifier weight test" apply to sound cards as well? From the looks of it, I would say ys!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John*K

Stunt Coordinator
To clarify, I was thikning of the soundblaster, with its add on card and drive bay piece. That's a lot of pasrts as compared to a lot of soundcards today.

This will be a novice answer. But what I think you find, is with the "heavier" or larger" soundcards...more sound processing is handled on the card as opposed to being offloaded to the cpu. Now for example, a SB Audigy with the bay drive will have a higher sampling rate and performance wise is better for the computer. DVD audio sounds awesome on mine. But what I think and "assume" is more chips, more processing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks