What's new

HDTV on direct sat help !!!! (1 Viewer)

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
I have the directtv HD satellite but can find almost no HD programming. I found channel 509 its an HBO 24 hour HD channel, but was under the impression there were a few other channels broadcasting full time or at least a good bit of the time??.....Can someone please reccomend any other channels with HD...please....:) Im getting flustrated thinkind HBO is the only thing that will have it......
THANKS.
Kevin

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
The only other channel broadcasting HD on DirecTV right now is 199, HDNet. They broadcast from about 8 am eastern time until midnight or 1 am when DirecTV shows a pay per view movie. HDNet's programming, unlike HBO HD, is all 1080i. You can find a listing for all HD programming at www.hdtvgalaxy.com.
SMK

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
I just signed up for DirecTV last week, and have also experienced frustration at the lack of available HD media. I enjoy some of the programming at HDNet on 199, and love the picture, but the HighDef HBO on channel 509 has been very dissappointing IMO.

I was told by the Satellite installer that Dish Network just purchased DirecTV...does this mean we'll be getting more HD programming?

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the world of HDTV :D.
I find it so funny seeing people take the HD jump but then finding out that there is not a lot of HD programming out there.
I first got my HD stb during thanksgiving last year. Since then I've enjoyed the Olympics on HDnet and I'm currently enjoying the NCAA on CBS. But even with the little amount of progamming available I would still highly recommend HDTV. Once you have it set up in your home there is just no way that you would want to be without it.
:D :D.
1081i just blows everything away. Strangely PBS has some of the best picture quality but HDnet has the better programming.
Checkout this link for answers to most of your questions on HDTV. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...une=&forumid=6 .I found very good info there when I was thinking to taking the jump into HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks