What's new

Color issues running components through my Sony HTCT100 receiver. (1 Viewer)

paul.sik.lee

Auditioning
Real Name
paul lee
Components:

Panasonic TH42PZ85U Plasma HDTV

Sony HT CT 100 sound bar

Playstation 3

XBOX 360

Cable Box

All components are connected via HDMI.

I have a severe color problem when running my PS3 And XBoX 360.

I have all components ( PS3 XBox 360 and Wime Warner Cable box) running through my Sony HTCT100 receiver. The Receiver is connected to my Panasonic 1080P.

PS3 is connected to the BD port

Xbox 360 is connected to the DVD port

Cable is connected to the SAT port.

When running cable, the picture is perfect each and everytime. The problem inconsistently (off and on) occurs when i run my ps3 and xbox 360. The resolution is perfect, but the color is off. (It looks like the negatives of picture. Browns are blues and oranges are blues, and i don't see any yellows. Was watching a movie, and everyone's skin was blue)

When the color is off, toggling from the gaming system to SAT Port, back to the gaming system corrects the problem. The color problems happen inconsistently. (sometimes the color is off, sometimes it is not) Also, when i am running applications on my ps3 with perfect color, I will exit out to the XMB screen, and the colors will be off again.

Solutions that i have tried,

Switching ports

Directly connecting gaming systems to the TV (when doing this, the gaming systems run perfectly)

plugging the power outlet to both the strip and in wall socket

moving the receiver a foot away from the tv.

Please help. I don't know what to do.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm wondering if there's an HDMI "handshake" issue here, and it may be based in the HTCT100. It sounds like the colour channels may be getting reversed in the sound bar. Have you considered exchanging your sound bar to see if that's the problem?

paul.sik.lee

Auditioning
Real Name
paul lee
So I tried changing the sound bar, and it didn't work. could it be that i have my wireless router next the speaker? could that possibly cause some interference?

cbly

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever solved this problem? I have a panasonic tv and my colors are jacked on my ps3 and sometimes my xbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks