What's new

HDMI vs Component (1 Viewer)

ToddTH

Auditioning
Hi all,

I just bought a Samsung 56" DLP and have one HDMI input on the tv. I have a HD direct tv reciever and a upconverting DVD player both of which have a HDMI jack and a Component jack. So my question is should I use the HDMI on the HD reciever or the DVD?

Thank you,

Todd

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Which do you use the most? Which do you have a more critical eye towards? I would use and do use the HDMI on my DVD player.

ToddTH

Auditioning
I would say we watch tv the most, but I probably will have a more critical eye towards the dvd's.

Thanks,

Todd

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Make both connections to the HD receiver and compare them side by side. Pay particular attention to differences in delay to lock a new channel after changing stations( esp going in and out of HD sources)- either could be faster. Even a short delay can be annoying when surfing channels. If tbe PQ is very close (which is likely) then choose the faster and use the other for the DVD where locking isn't much of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks