Switcher vs receiver

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by leon1972, Mar 7, 2017.

1. leon1972

leon1972 New User

leon
    I have a projector with only one hdmi output. I am trying to output to 5 components with expansion for the future. I currently have 2 switchers for this. However, they don't work well so I am looking to either replace them with either a receiver or a new, better quality switcher. I want to go cheap as I can to get the desired end result while eliminating the headache. Is there such a thing as a headache free switcher to handle both audio and video? or would a receiver handle this better?
    I currently have a pretty cheap setup. I'm in the military and waiting to spend the big bucks until I get out so I'm not putting undue stress with constant moving on nice, expensive components.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I’m confident that the projector’s HDMI connection is an input, not an output. I’ll have to assume that your five components all have HDMI outputs, since you gave no details on them and I failed all my high school mind reading classes. Thus all you need is a 5-input HDMI switch. [​IMG]

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
  4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer