What's new

HD Tuner built -in question? (1 Viewer)

Hey all,

Just buying my 1st big screen tv. It is going to be Mitsubishi ws55515. It had a built-in HD Tuner. Sale price is $1974.

I am not planning on hooking up HD Antenna. I will be getting HD Direct TV. Does the HD Direct TV decode the HD signal? Are there any benefits of HD Tuner built-in? This TV does have a HDMI input, I will be using when I get the new HD Direct TV PVR(when cheaper). If your TV does not have a HD Tuner built-in, do you get same picture with a HD Direct TV system?

I can't find any of these questions answered, even in the primer. This TV looks like a great purchase, next generation, HDMI inputs, do you agree? If this has been asked, I apologize?

Thank you all

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mitsubishis are great TV's. I'm using the ws-55411. Make sure you calibrate each input you are using with Avia or VE.

-Robert

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only way to get your local channels in HD is via an antenna. DirecTV does carry the national feeds of CBS HD and NBC HD but those are only available to customers in white area or in O&O markets. Fox HD should be up soon (they have been saying that for months) and the same rules apply as with NBC and CBS. ABC's president has stated that they will not allow a national HD feed to be carried by any of the satellite companies.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks