What's new

HD Cable With HTPC? (1 Viewer)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Hi Everyone,
I am about to setup my first projector/htpc and had a question about my HD Cable box. Is there a way to run my HD cable through the HTPC and back out to the HD cable box? I only have one vga input on the projector(BenQ PB 6200)and want to avoid using a vga switcher. Also i think the SD channels would come in better if they were processed by the HTPC using something like Dscaler? Is this feasable? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dalton

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Holy Cow! Those are expensive. I guess i'll get a VGA switch to go from my HTPC to my HD Cable. I guess i can run the HD Cable box and Xbox from the Receiver's component inputs and use the vga switch to go back and forth between the receiver and HTPC. No biggie. I just wish i could run the regular digital cable and clean it up with dscaler. Only 7 HD channels preventing me from doing it. And of course $800 for a component card. :)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If you have Comcast you may be able to via Firewire and if you live in Long Island you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks