What's new

HD audio droupouts (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Are you guys experiencing audio dropouts on 509 (HBO HD) & 543 (Showtime HD)?

Doug E

Grip
Do you have an Onkyo receiver? Do the dropouts happen only with Dolby Digital sources?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Sorry for not being more descriptive.

I have a Denon 3802 and a Hughes E11 HDTV receiver w/ a Terk elliptical dish and (3) LNB's.

The droupouts only occur on the 2 station I mentioned when they are utilizing DD 5.1.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I have a toshiba dst-3000 and a Sony 333ES receiver. I don't get frequent dropouts on those channels but do sometimes lose audio sync. I get lots of audio dropouts and frequent loss of sync on my local ota HD station (ABC affilliate which has all sound on their HD channel in 5.1).

I sometimes get audio stutter on regular directv channels which can be corrected by changing channels and going back again.

Keeping 5.1 audio synched with HD pictures seems to be an ongoing problem for broadcasters. HDNet only runs 2.0 and never drops out. They tried 5.1 for the winter olympics and couldn't make it work.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am going to move this to the "TV and HDTV Programming" area of the forum where you should get more responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks