What's new

HBO Max HBO Max (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not to get too off-topic, but am I correct that you can only get the Lester-directed theatrical version of Superman II on blu-ray in the The Superman Motion Picture Anthology box set? It appears that the only version of Superman II available as a standalone blu-ray is the Donner-directed reconstruction. I like the Donner version but I haven't seen the original theatrical version in a long time.

Thus, I am looking forward to checking these out on HBO Max. If only Warner and Roku would get their ducks in a row I could. Otherwise, I'm not interested in watching these on my computer.
The Lester-directed version of Superman II is available on iTunes. I bought it over a year ago for $5.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Superman, The Movie may be the original theatrical version. All I know for sure is that it uses the Saul Bass W as the Warner Bros logo at the start.

Theatrical cut from the new 4k master (it still has the one frame error on "Christopher Reeve" in the opening titles) with the 2001 Thau mix, not the original audio found on the 4k disc.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
New to this thread- I know nothing about streaming.

I have AT&T as my phone/data carrier, and DirecTV with the HBO channels. I was told that I have HBO Max included along with HBO. This is a basic question- if I reactivate home WiFi, can I get streams from that into my smart TV?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
New to this thread- I know nothing about streaming.

I have AT&T as my phone/data carrier, and DirecTV with the HBO channels. I was told that I have HBO Max included along with HBO. This is a basic question- if I reactivate home WiFi, can I get streams from that into my smart TV?
Yes, you should be able to, but what brand is your smart TV?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Superman, The Movie may be the original theatrical version. All I know for sure is that it uses the Saul Bass W as the Warner Bros logo at the start.

Its the theatrical cut. Just checked. Jor-El says "You cannot avoid these facts!" over the shot of the Krypton dome.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
76481C93-22E5-49D0-95D9-F30AD19FBD05.gif

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Im so disappointed tonight. I finally made some time tonight to finally watch the Hitcher, which HBO MAX lists as HD.

The credits are windowboxed, and then it jumps to fullscreen. And I know its a dark movie, but this transfer is soft, muddy and murky. It looks like an SD blow up, not HD.

I just dont understand the lack of care for this movie. Sure it bombed at the box office, but it has developed quite a cult following over the years. Im not expecting a deluxe special edition 4k disc, but is a decent HD transfer really too much to ask?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Im so disappointed tonight. I finally made some time tonight to finally watch the Hitcher, which HBO MAX lists as HD.

The credits are windowboxed, and then it jumps to fullscreen. And I know its a dark movie, but this transfer is soft, muddy and murky. It looks like an SD blow up, not HD.

I just dont understand the lack of care for this movie. Sure it bombed at the box office, but it has developed quite a cult following over the years. Im not expecting a deluxe special edition 4k disc, but is a decent HD transfer really too much to ask?
There's a German blu-ray of it. I don't have it, but it's supposed to be a decent, if unspectacular HD transfer.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Wow, so I did a quick google search and found a great looking HD version on youtube of the Hitcher, der highway killer. Im guessing its the same as the German blu ray.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
There's a German blu-ray of it. I don't have it, but it's supposed to be a decent, if unspectacular HD transfer.

Thanks, just saw your post as I was posting what I had found. The version youtube is a little overly bright and a tad soft, but since I havent watched this since its initial HBO run in the 80s and a couple of times on VHS, Id call it better than decent. Certainly the best its ever, and probably will ever, look.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sure but there was still Batman comics that did have Batman in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks