What's new

HBO Deadwood Season Finale Tonight 6-13 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I can see it now.....

Ian McShane(AL) after winnning an Emmy....

"I want to thank all of you cocksuckers! All hoar's half off for the rest of the evening."
;)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Well I can imagine that the kneejerk reaction to the wardrobe malfunction hasn't finished and as a result Deadwood won't get anything. Heaven forbid they'd have to bleep a representative clip during the Emmys.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Seth's love scene with Alma was possibly the hottest love scene I've witnessed on TV. I can't wait for season 2.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Seth's love scene with Alma was possibly the hottest love scene I've witnessed on TV. I can't wait for season 2.

John_VI

Second Unit
I watched the episode again last night. I had never noticed how GOOD of a location Seth and Sol have for their hardware store. Large corner store directly across from the Gem and the Bella Union. Sweet!!

The scene where Joanie returned Otis' teeth to Alma was great. It was horrible to hear how Joanie's father had abused her and her sisters, and then turned them all into whores before "selling" Joanie to Cy Tolliver. But it was great to hear Joanie say to Alma, "If he were here, I'd wish a beating morning and evening on my Pa worse than what your Pa got today."

John_VI

Second Unit
I watched the episode again last night. I had never noticed how GOOD of a location Seth and Sol have for their hardware store. Large corner store directly across from the Gem and the Bella Union. Sweet!!

The scene where Joanie returned Otis' teeth to Alma was great. It was horrible to hear how Joanie's father had abused her and her sisters, and then turned them all into whores before "selling" Joanie to Cy Tolliver. But it was great to hear Joanie say to Alma, "If he were here, I'd wish a beating morning and evening on my Pa worse than what your Pa got today."

Joe S

Second Unit
Great finale for the season, I only wish there were more episodes to watch right now.

If MAD magazine does a parody of this show, do you think they'll call Al - Al "Swearingagain"?

Joe S

Second Unit
Great finale for the season, I only wish there were more episodes to watch right now.

If MAD magazine does a parody of this show, do you think they'll call Al - Al "Swearingagain"?

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I will miss this Deadwood terribly. I cannot remember when I have been so captivated. Had high hopes for Carnival, which spun into a morass, bogged down and showed nothing but teasers. Never got hooked on many like SaTC, Sopranos, SFU etc. Dead Like Me, had me for a while, then lost oomph. I have become completly invested in these personalities after one and two episodes. Is it not amazing how the cast of Deadwood…turns in such high caliber and expertly turned performances?

Deadwood has me. I am hoping for a growing word of mouth audience. And a couple of HBO replays of the first season in the months to wait.

Al – the reaper - Swearingon deserves accolades, as do others in this cast, indeed "Deadwood" as its own entity.
Al’s contemplation of ‘that one’ …….”you mean Trixie, boss?” as he leans on the balcony gazing down at Trixie at the bar, was as fine a piece of dead-on acting in dead-wood I have seen, even as rated against many talented actors in various well-made films. This actor is riveting as he portrays the contradictory, complex and mixed depths of emotion which are His (and the writers) take on one of the toughest meanest most powerful men in Deadwoods early history. I can’t think of a character right now that has ever been portrayed so deeply twisted, crass and immoral, a murderer, (in fact revise that to serial killer head count territory), - whom I have ever had such high hopes for things going his way (especially Vs anything going Cy’s way!)
My husband and I laughed thru the final, as the Gem was again grand central for many of Deadwoods citizens..
…..Al’s having one of those …”just one vile f*** task after another” …hectic sort of days.

Clamity has to come back. Too many characters which were developed fully and expertly by talented cast and well crafted script, in these few short episodes, - are already very badly missed. (Lets ask for a mini-season in which they Retro the timeline, to the very first tent setting up bringing all personalities back for a bit?). Rev Smith (beautiful job at conveying the pathos of his condition). Wild Bill….
Deadwood needs Clamity back on its streets she is even more missed when losing so many principles.

Every man bound as tight as Seth needs a Sol for a friend. How very well Star knows when to nudge his partner, and when to just hand him provisions, get out of his way, and back quickly away from the horse.
So many great and based in real emotion we can relate with interplay in Deadwood.

I guess I need to sign up on the official Deadwood board and add to requests that they hurry the First season to disc. Darn…….I really wanted to see what kind of Christmas Al would have in the Gem.
Thank you HBO for the only thing I’ve tried to catch every single week, …in (ever?) (mainly I watch movies).

In fact, ummm, I’d pay to see Deadwood on a big screen. This is not uncharted territory “Where no [Star Trek] has gone before”…has been done to greater and lesser moderate success in the past!

Will we see Teddy Roosevelt and Bullock meet, do we have long years of Deadwoods history yet to be played out before us? If the fine work is kept up…I hope there is much more than just a (too short) second season! Kudo’s to the casting director for Deadwood, it is a full…Dead Man’s Hand. The entire cast turning in ace individual performances, - while making up great pairs with fellow cast members!

I am particularly caught up being a long-term bookworm in the captivating and disconcerting blend of speech, quaint old English turn of phrasing and words. “DECLARE yourself Dammit!” with this bizarre juxtaposition to all the bleep-bleep territory.

How can you not absolutely love a show whose final spoken sentence in the final episode of a first season full of murder, mayham, sickness, hardship and tragedy is: “ I’m as light and agile as a forest creature.”

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I will miss this Deadwood terribly. I cannot remember when I have been so captivated. Had high hopes for Carnival, which spun into a morass, bogged down and showed nothing but teasers. Never got hooked on many like SaTC, Sopranos, SFU etc. Dead Like Me, had me for a while, then lost oomph. I have become completly invested in these personalities after one and two episodes. Is it not amazing how the cast of Deadwood…turns in such high caliber and expertly turned performances?

Deadwood has me. I am hoping for a growing word of mouth audience. And a couple of HBO replays of the first season in the months to wait.

Al – the reaper - Swearingon deserves accolades, as do others in this cast, indeed "Deadwood" as its own entity.
Al’s contemplation of ‘that one’ …….”you mean Trixie, boss?” as he leans on the balcony gazing down at Trixie at the bar, was as fine a piece of dead-on acting in dead-wood I have seen, even as rated against many talented actors in various well-made films. This actor is riveting as he portrays the contradictory, complex and mixed depths of emotion which are His (and the writers) take on one of the toughest meanest most powerful men in Deadwoods early history. I can’t think of a character right now that has ever been portrayed so deeply twisted, crass and immoral, a murderer, (in fact revise that to serial killer head count territory), - whom I have ever had such high hopes for things going his way (especially Vs anything going Cy’s way!)
My husband and I laughed thru the final, as the Gem was again grand central for many of Deadwoods citizens..
…..Al’s having one of those …”just one vile f*** task after another” …hectic sort of days.

Clamity has to come back. Too many characters which were developed fully and expertly by talented cast and well crafted script, in these few short episodes, - are already very badly missed. (Lets ask for a mini-season in which they Retro the timeline, to the very first tent setting up bringing all personalities back for a bit?). Rev Smith (beautiful job at conveying the pathos of his condition). Wild Bill….
Deadwood needs Clamity back on its streets she is even more missed when losing so many principles.

Every man bound as tight as Seth needs a Sol for a friend. How very well Star knows when to nudge his partner, and when to just hand him provisions, get out of his way, and back quickly away from the horse.
So many great and based in real emotion we can relate with interplay in Deadwood.

I guess I need to sign up on the official Deadwood board and add to requests that they hurry the First season to disc. Darn…….I really wanted to see what kind of Christmas Al would have in the Gem.
Thank you HBO for the only thing I’ve tried to catch every single week, …in (ever?) (mainly I watch movies).

In fact, ummm, I’d pay to see Deadwood on a big screen. This is not uncharted territory “Where no [Star Trek] has gone before”…has been done to greater and lesser moderate success in the past!

Will we see Teddy Roosevelt and Bullock meet, do we have long years of Deadwoods history yet to be played out before us? If the fine work is kept up…I hope there is much more than just a (too short) second season! Kudo’s to the casting director for Deadwood, it is a full…Dead Man’s Hand. The entire cast turning in ace individual performances, - while making up great pairs with fellow cast members!

I am particularly caught up being a long-term bookworm in the captivating and disconcerting blend of speech, quaint old English turn of phrasing and words. “DECLARE yourself Dammit!” with this bizarre juxtaposition to all the bleep-bleep territory.

How can you not absolutely love a show whose final spoken sentence in the final episode of a first season full of murder, mayham, sickness, hardship and tragedy is: “ I’m as light and agile as a forest creature.”

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah the language is interesting. I suppose that's typical of the Victorian period? Some of the people don't seem to just come out and say what they mean in as few words as necessary. Fortunately I've got TiVo to instant replay any phrases I miss the first time. For example, I had to listen again to what Alma's father told Seth to earn that savage beatdown. He said he would not shrink from lying that Alma told him she was an accomplice in her husband's murder. And if that wasn't enough, he then said "I suppose you'd best take your swing." Well, he asked for it!

For a different reason, I also had to go back and listen closely to the muttering of the miserable soldier next to Seth during the general's speech. They ran out of food and he had to eat his own horse! Meanwhile the general gives a speech from atop his still-alive horse. Now there's some juxtaposition. Good guest role by Peter Coyote.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah the language is interesting. I suppose that's typical of the Victorian period? Some of the people don't seem to just come out and say what they mean in as few words as necessary. Fortunately I've got TiVo to instant replay any phrases I miss the first time. For example, I had to listen again to what Alma's father told Seth to earn that savage beatdown. He said he would not shrink from lying that Alma told him she was an accomplice in her husband's murder. And if that wasn't enough, he then said "I suppose you'd best take your swing." Well, he asked for it!

For a different reason, I also had to go back and listen closely to the muttering of the miserable soldier next to Seth during the general's speech. They ran out of food and he had to eat his own horse! Meanwhile the general gives a speech from atop his still-alive horse. Now there's some juxtaposition. Good guest role by Peter Coyote.

John_VI

Second Unit

Actually, Sean, I think it's spelled...

SWIGEN!!!

...or perhaps...

SWIDGEN!!!

Of course, to have the maximum effect, one must place the right fist into the left hand and hold the clutched hands about a foot in front of the chest, give a small, single, firm shake of the clutched hands and exclaim, SWIDGEN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks