HBO Deadwood Season Finale Tonight 6-13

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by CurtM, Jun 13, 2004.

1. CurtM

CurtM Extra

Congrats to Deadwood for a great season. If you haven't had the chance to see it, check it out even if it's the season finale. You might find yourself coming back for more for season two. I'm sure season one will be re-run before season two starts so you can get caught up. It looks like Seth is taking the law or (no law) into his own hands tonight. I think thats Alma dad he is punching out in the teaser for this weeks show.

There's a fan interview of Robin Wiegert (Calamity Jane) at deadwoodfans.net ending June 20. There is a slim chance that Ian McShane will become available for an interview as well. It's going to be a long hiatus.

Curt

2. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

when exactly is season 2 gonna be shooting/airing ?

3. CurtM

CurtM Extra

According to deadwoodie (Art Director's Wife) over at deadwoodfans.net, they are getting the sets ready now and shooting starts in a few weeks. Season two should start in March.

Curt

4. CurtM

CurtM Extra

You gotta check out this t-shirt I just saw on eBay. It's for the Official Al Swearengen Fan Club. Hilarious. Search for Deadwood or Al Swearengen to see it.

Curt

5. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

Incredible episode & great ending to the season ....I'm going to go crazy waiting for season 2 (At least I'll have season 1 on DVD-R & yes I'll gladly buy it on DVD when it comes out)
    Its going to be hard to top this season ,But I'm sure they can do it & will [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Just finished watching season finale via TiVo. 65 minutes of the most intense television I've seen in a long time. Great stuff. Someone please say we won't have to wait as long for season 2 like The Sopranos making us wait 18-20 months.

7. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

Man this show and the whole season was Awesome! I love all of the characters. I can't wait till season two. This episode evoked more emotion out of me than any other show this season, great series!!!

8. Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman Second Unit

I hope HBO created some new Deadwood fans by extending the season into Six Feet Under terrain. I would assume that SFU skews slightly towards a female audience, while The Sopranos is primarily geared towards the Y chromosome-impaired.

What a wonderful season finale; seemed like the perfect blend of resolution and possibility (for future seasons). I wasn't particularly enthused about Seth's character, but he seemed to shine in this episode. The viciousness/compassion dichotomy in his character was never more stark. He showed so much potential in the season premiere and quickly became (for me) one of the least engaging denizens of Deadwood. Glad to see things end on an "up" note for his character.

On the subject of great performances, what the hell happened to Jane? In a show filled with captivating personalities, she was my favorite. I really missed her those last few episodes. Come back to Deadwood Jane, we love you[​IMG] .

To echo the sentiments expressed here, I wait with bated breath for season two.

9. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Brilliant finale.
    Ah, Al, how I will miss you... [​IMG]

10. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

How about that scene with the doc praying? Great, great episode. Was there a bad one all season?

I may have to get me one of those Al T-shirts.

11. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

There are Al T-shirts? Where? Where?

12. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

eBay. Currently there's one. It's mine! You can't have it! [​IMG]

13. Todd.Martin

Todd.Martin Stunt Coordinator

Wow I'd have to say that tonight's episode was the best of the season. I'd have to say it topped the Soprano's finale. Not sure anybody can top the acting done by the guys who play Swearengen and the Doc.

14. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

Heres a post from Dan Dority himself over at the HBO Deadwood boards last night after it aired

15. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

Outfuckingstanding!!! It was great to see Seth take the bull by the horns and beat the ever loving shit out of Alma's father.

Great season, great show, great characters. Can't wait for season 2!!

16. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

That was one of the best season finales of a show I have ever seen.

I want more Deadwood now, dammitt! I cannot believe the season is already over. Swearengen sure has a sweet side when he is putting people out of their misery. What a sad scene.

17. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I agree, this was one of the greatest Season Finalies I have ever seen, great Finale to a great season. I think Deadwood has leaped The Sopranos and is now right behind The Wire.

The scene when Al kills the Preacher was sad, you could see everyone felt bad about it.

Seth's speach to Earl(?) was great, so was Earl's reply.

Great show.

18. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

So, since it is being said that the 2nd season of Deadwood is about to film in a few weeks and will be ready for March. Do you guys think we might actually get the DVDs by then? Maybe before Christmas?

19. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I can't believe we have to wait until March to see the second season. [​IMG]

20. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    Ummmm...WOW.

Al killing/putting out of misery the preacher. And, his emotion as he walked away.

Al's looks at/with "the other one"...man, he really does care for her.

Al leaving his act of "mercy" and going into the meeting with the magistrate - and ordering his throat cut.

Seth kicking the shit out of Alma's dad.

Seth's across the street stare of passion with Alma.

Seth taking the job.

The cavalry general telling Powers that he'd hang him if he were sherrif.

Doc's prayer.

Doc dancing.

This show is so amazing. This finale was utterly perfect. So many good actors and actresses. It's Al vs. Tony S for best actor this year...unfortunately, popularity will win the day for Tony, but I just want to see Al nominated and watch the clip played...and bleeped like crazy.