What's new

hbo dd on directv (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i'm thinking about buying a dd compatible directv receiver (possibly sony a50/55 or hughes e45) and was wondering if hbo has their act together on dd dropouts yet. i presume they do but i remember a big stink here a while back about awful audio dropouts when hbo channels were broadcast in dd. thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

kevin t

Dan B

Screenwriter
It still happens but it's not as frequent now. I lost the audio on Six Feet Under last night for 4-5 seconds, for example.

-Dan

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
It's definitely a lot better than it used to be but there's still occasional problems. I had major problems during The Sopranos last night on the 5:00 PM PST showing. There were audio and video dropouts throughout the show with each one lasting 2-5 seconds. The show was also not broadcast in DD like it was supposed to be.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
yeah...i think i was watching the sporanos when the video went black except from some some vertical white dots that scrolled left to right. also happened on showtime during boys and girls.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks