What's new
World Wide Stereo

Having troubles with new plasma (1 Viewer)

Jon Cheung

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I just bought the panasonic TH42PD50 and i'm having a little troubles with it. When i'm watching a dvd, i cannot get the black bars to go away. I have tried it with many dvds, played with all the aspect ratios and still nothing. The best i can get it is with the zoom aspect, but there is still black bars present. there are no bars in the main menus of dvd's and none when i'm watching tv. Can i get rid of this? I'm worried about burn-in. Thanks

728x90

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
I'm glad I looked at the forum today!
I just bought a new Samsung HP-R5072 and was wondering the same thing. So for now I'm just using the Zoom function on the TV to get rid if the black bars. I thought it was in my Pioneer Elite DVD Player settings to fix this problems but I guess not..
I just hate the thought of paying 4G's for a TV and in 3 hrs of watching a movie with the bars resulting in "Image Retention" and voiding the warranty.
But I will say this 8 days ago I bought a Sony KDFE50A10 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV and after having it for 6 "Very Disappointing" days it got returned and I spent the extra money and got the Samsung.
I've only got to watch one movie on it so far "Mask of Zorro"
I'm every impressed. It was a tuff decision for that purchase.
I spent 4 hrs at Ultimate Electronics in Fairview heights Il. and the sale guy there switched DVD played and TV the hole time my wife and I was trying to find witch TV looked the best for the money. I would highly recommend there Sales and service. Shannon

Jon Cheung

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome! thanks for the posts guys. Now, since i will have these black bars on my screen, do i have to worry about burn-in? I'll mainly be watching tv so they wont be there but will the amount of time spent watching movies be long enough to enduce burn-in? What can i do to eliminate or reduce this? Thanks!

mylan

Screenwriter
As long as you mix it up , you should be ok, Modern Plasmas have gotten better. Some incorporate a pixel shift which will shift the image slightly to prevent burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks