What's new
World Wide Stereo

Have a few wiring questions....real quick. (1 Viewer)

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the process of building a house, and will be wiring my HT (bonus room over the garage) tomorrow....the drywall is going up Monday, and that was a lot sooner than I expected.
I was just going to wire for my current receiver Yamaha RXV-3200 I believe. Anway, I'll be doing the rear surronds (3 including the rear center (6.1). Also the front 2 effect channels. I just don't know what else I should do while I'm at it. Those are the only ones I plan on running in wall. MAYBE the fronts and center, but I don't know yet. Anyway, anything else??
Thanks. I'll post pics as soon as I get going.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
Here is what I did for my HT. I have 2" conduit running to all the 7 speaker locations (I would wire for 7 speakers - 2 rears). I also have an insane amount of low-watt wiring terminating in my component closet. Here is the breakdown

- 4 coax in from the main structured wiring panel
- 4 Cat 5e in from the main structured wiring panel
- 4 coax out to potential sub locations (L/R main, right wall 1/3 way back, left wall 2/3 way back)
- 2 coax out to the front screen wall
- 2 Cat 5e out to the front screen wall
- 2 4-conductor shielded 22ga wire out to front screen wall for IR and other future control needs (drop down screen)
- 2 coax out to front of second row riser
- 2 cat 5e out to front of second row riser
- 2 4-conductor shielded 22ga wire to front of second row riser
- 2 4-conductor shielded 22ga wire to main light switch box

The coax can be used for sub, cable, or sat systems. Cat5e is for networking or control needs. The 22ga shielded is strickly for control needs.

also don't forget to run some wires to a potential front projector location (electrical and video).

Some other things to consider since you are pre-drywall

+ decicated circuit to a component cabinet
+ exhuast/ vent for future projector hush box

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks