What's new

Has anyone got/heard the new Sony STR-VA555ES? (1 Viewer)

Michael Barry

Auditioning
This has been out for a while now, but I can't seem to find any reviews of it anywhere. If anyone knows of a link to one, that would be great.
If anyone owns one or has heard one and would like to share their opinion, that would also be very welcome.
Even on this forum, where I expected to find a number of posts about this receiver, I didn't! Plenty of stuff about the latest Pioneer and Denon stuff, though... :)

Michael Barry

Auditioning
I thought that the STR-VA555ES (the new one) was the replacement for the STR-V555ES.

What's the DA5ES? Is that the same unit, maybe, but with a different model number for the US?

EDIT: Yes, just found out that the DA5ES is the eqivalent of the STR-VA555ES available overseas. Now it all makes sense!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I hadn't heard of the VA555ES, and when I looked it up, what was returned was the V555ES, oddly enough. At least you have your answer. :D

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
The lastest issue of "What HiFi" magazine has a great writeup on the STR-VA555ES, or DA5ES as it's known here in the U.S.

Harly

Auditioning
Hi,

I have a Sony STR V555ES receiver, Sony S9000ES DVD and a Sony PFM 42B1 plasma monitor. The receiver is "great" and

easy to use. It has more features available that I probably

not use.

Harly

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know the crossover slope used for its bass redirection? 6db/octave, 12db/octave, 18db/octave, switchable?
I've been told most receivers are 12db/octave but on another forum, someone said the older STR-V777ES has a 6db/octave slope and I can't find any decent data on the STR-DA5ES/STR-VA555ES on the web (Crutchfield site was best). The Sony Australia site has errors in the PDF on the STR-VA555ES :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.